In order to help incoming students with the online application process, we have compiled a list of steps you will need to take in order to complete the application.
1. First you will have to clarify your Study Condition – whether you are an exchange student or a visiting student.
* Exchange Student : students from universities that have a mutual student exchange agreement with CAU
* Visiting Student: students from universities that may or may not have a partnership agreement on student exchange with CAU; tuition waiver etc. Students who are nominated as Fee-Paying Visiting students by their home university.
2. Next you will need to complete the Personal Information section. You will need to upload a passport style photo (3.5×4.5cm). Selfies will not be accepted.
*Tip: If you have access to a scanner, you can simply scan the physical copy of your passport picture and crop it.
3. After that you will need to fill in some basic information such as your first, middle and last name, nationality, gender, date of birth, passport number, phone number, mailing address, and email address.
4. Following that you will need to complete the Academic Background section. You will need to fill in the country and name of your home university, as well as your major, level of study, year of study, admission date, expected graduation date, and grade.
*Approximate admission and graduation dates will be sufficient.
*Grades should be included in GPA form based on your home university’s grading scale. (Example: 3.33/4.0)
5. Next you will need to complete the Study Plan section. You will need to specify your choice of campus, level of study, proposed study year, college, department, major, and duration of study.
*The campus options are Seoul and Anseong.
*The choices for duration of study are 1 semester or 2 semesters.
6. In the next section you will find a file of courses offered in English which you can download and review in order to get a general idea of what types of courses you may be offered in the upcoming semester. Keep in mind that the list is based on the offerings from the previous semester, and may be different from what is offered in the upcoming semester.
7. For the Dormitory Application section you will need to download and review the full 27 page file. However, you will only need to print out the first page which will then be submitted at the bottom section of the online application. Once you have reviewed the statement, you will need to choose ‘Agree’ or ‘Disagree’ and ‘Apply’ or ‘Don’t Apply’. In order to be accepted into the dorm, you must select ‘Agree’ and ‘Apply’.
*Students who decide not to apply for the CAU dormitories will be responsible for finding housing on their own.
*Students assigned to one campus cannot apply for residence at the other campus.
8. In the Contact Information section you need to input the contact information of your home university and an emergency contact. For your home university you will need the name, title, phone number, and email address of your exchange coordinator, as well as the postal code and mailing address of your school. For your emergency contact you will need to input their name, email, and phone number.
9. The next section is the Required Documents Upload section. The documents required are a photocopy of your passport, an academic transcript, a certificate of finances, and the signed dormitory application from above.
*After you had uploaded the copy of your passport, you must not change or renew your passport because of the visa application.
10. You will need to agree to purchase and maintain health insurance as outlined in the Agreement to Purchase and Maintain Health Insurance section.
12. The above are only general guidelines to ensure you are prepared to fill-out the online application. Please be sure to read over all the fine-print on the application page to ensure that you understand all the rules and regulations. It is recommended that you complete the application early in case of any issues that may arise.
Online Application Link: